Followers

Thursday 31 May 2012

Scrumptious Scampi

Tonight I bought a pack of scampi. Not the breaded kind (which I do like) but the real thing. I was thinking about an italian dish I have enjoyed, Scampi Thermidor.

Good old Google let me down as I could simply not find a recipe that wasn't American and used "shrimp" which are of course king prawns for us. Even my Chefs Compendium circa 1973 wasn't able to help, some friends will remember this one.


So this is how I cooked my scampi

Lightly cover the scampi in seasoned flour
Mix one teaspoon of dijon mustard with two tablespoons of double cream
Fry a finely chopped red onion in butter and olive oil
Add the scampi cook for two minutes turning halfway through
Add a splash of calvados or brandy
Add the mustard and cream, cook for five minutes
Season

Serve on a bed of spinach and with fresh asparagus



No comments:

Post a Comment