Followers

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Cakes and Birthdays

I arrived home from work on Tuesday (my birthday) to find a lovely chocolate cake waiting for me in my kitchen. This had been baked and decorated by my good friend and neighbour who is a bit of a dab hand at cake making. Here it is



The revival in home baking is amazing and everyone loves the results.

Cake at work has become a regular Thursday treat. My team covers a large geography so we only have one day each week all in the same place. Eager faces wait expectantly cake tin to be opened to see what sugary goodies lie inside. Do we wait until the end of the meeting to dive into the contents, not likely.

Recent weeks have seen Fruit Cake - a New Zealand recipe, Carrot and Lemon Drizzle Cakes and a Chocolate Easter Tray Bake.

So it is my turn to be baker tomorrow, given the birthday.  I have made Cherry Bakewell Muffins a recipe from May Olive magazine.

Here is the first batch, in their tin and ready to go


No comments:

Post a Comment