Followers

Tuesday 19 June 2012

The Veg Box

I cannot now remember why I bought some ricotta cheese as I find it bland with a slightly unpleasant slippery texture.  However there it was in the fridge and I couldn't quite bring myself to throw it away.

Also lurking on the bottom shelf were a selection of slightly past their best red, yellow and orange peppers.

So I turned to The Veg Box


This quirky recipe book box collection is published by Hamlyn. It has 14 books and 20 recipes in each book, the vegetable bookmarks are wacky twist. The books have titles such as

  • Artichokes and Asparagus
  • Beetroot and Radishes
  • Sweetcorn and Tomatoes
and the book I selected was called Aubergines and Peppers. The recipe I settled on was Pepper Terrine with Ricotta. 


As you can see it looks very appealing, but the taste was insipid and the texture slimy. Where did it end up? in the bin of course.

I do still recommend The Veg Box 



No comments:

Post a Comment