Followers

Wednesday 23 August 2017

Sweetcorn and Cornish Sea Salt Co

Its hard to beat a freshly picked corn on the cob which is cooked immediately and eaten hot with butter, salt and pepper. This one which I devoured yesterday was pretty nearly perfect and made even more delicious with some very special seasoning from https://www.cornishseasalt.co.uk more on the combination I used shortly



This year my harvest of sweetcorn has been prolific and ready very early. I have a plentiful supply of good sized cobs which have clearly been guarded well by my friendly and very well dressed scarecrow.



The freshness of the sweetcorn was an obvious plus but what really complimented was the luscious fennel and chilli butter. I seasoned softened butter with Cornish Salt Co Chilli Sea Salt and Original Sea Pepper ( a versatile combination of seaweeds and peppercorns) then added some finely chopped fennel fronds and a tiny amount of fresh chilli.




To complete the burst of flavour I sprinkled "smokin" sea salt over the whole dish. Flavoured with oak, apple and cherrywood this salt smells and tastes amazing. It is very versatile so is rapidly becoming my current favourite ingredient.

















No comments:

Post a Comment